To be considered for any of the awards listed, you must be the corresponding author for the abstract submission and the presenter of the abstract at the Research Forum.
The Emergency Medicine Foundation will present an award to the outstanding established researcher and a special award to an outstanding young investigator.
- The annual Excellence in Research Award (Best Paper) will be presented to an investigator based on the abstract, presentation, discussion, and subsequent research manuscript.
- The annual Best Presentation by a Young Investigator Award will also be chosen. Investigators at the assistant professor level or below with fewer than five years of faculty appointment may request that their abstracts be considered for review in the young investigator category.
The ACEP Research Committee will also present awards for best medical student paper and best resident paper.
- The Best Medical Student Paper Award will be given to a medical student who is the primary investigator of an outstanding abstract presentation.
- The Best Resident Paper Award will be given to a resident who is the primary investigator of an outstanding abstract presentation.
All four awards will be presented at the 2023 ACEP Research Forum.
2022 ACEP Outstanding Contribution in Research Award Recipients
- Deborah Diercks, MD, MSc, FACEP
- Kevin Ward, MD, FACEP
The following recipients were selected in the 2022 Scientific Assembly in San Francisco.
ACEP Research Award Winners
2022 Best Medical Student Paper Award
Brad Hall, PharmD, MS
Comparative Safety and Efficacy of a Hybrid Intravenous and Oral Diltiazem Protocol for Acute Rate Control in the Emergency Department
2022 Best Resident Paper Award
Usama Al-Khalasi, MD
Atomized Intranasal Ketorolac Versus Intravenous Ketorolac for Treatment of Severe Renal Colic in the Emergency Department: A Double-blind, Non-Inferiority, Randomized Controlled Trial
2022 Young Investigator Award
Elizabeth Samuels, MD, MPH, MHS
Mapping Emergency Department Asthma Visits to Identify Poor Quality Housing